Stress & Spirituality
Is negative stress holding you back? Check out the podcast to free yourself from this pattern and invite your identity to evolve.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Negative stress vs. positive stress.
- How the five layers of self interact and inform each other.
- Why living in rhythm with the habits enable spiritual growth.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate describes the qualities of the spirit and intuitive bodies.
- Cate addresses the problem with sticky technology.
- Cate talks about serving others with a surplus of energy.
- 6:05 The five layers of self: spirit, intuition, mind, energy, and physical body.
- 7:45 Asking your spirit what it wants to awaken intuition.
- 11:17 Asking your body what it wants to awaken desire.
- 19:16 Freeing yourself from negative stress patterns.
- 23:09 Waking up rejuvenated with the dawn.
- 25:37 The connection between meditation and stress.
- 34:21 The Bodhisattva Vow.
- “When someone is grounded and living in the rhythm of life, what the yogis would call an alignment through Dinacharya, to the daily rhythm, what happens is they become strong. They become mentally strong and physically strong, and they become able to take on more. Taking on more is positive stress, and it leads to adaptability and it leads to increased levels of resilience. Negative stress is stuff that is degenerative.” – Cate Stillman
- “Degeneration creates this lack of integrity, where we’re out of integrity with the life force itself and we’re out of integrity with our day to day life. When this happens, when we’re out of integrity with our own time or out of integrity with our own need for deep sleep or very deep nourishment, cellularly what happens is confusion and degeneration.” – Cate Stillman
- “You get a sense of who you want to become next from spirit. When we look at spirituality and stress, when we have so much negative stress, we can’t explore the next level of spiritual development.” – Cate Stillman
- “If we understand the pattern we can say, oh who I am is not the pattern. Who I am is the one who can see that pattern. And then ask spirit ‘what do you want right now’, and start to pivot my actions. As soon as I pivot my actions I’m actually pivoting how I appear in the world. I’m pivoting habits.” – Cate Stillman
- “In this post modern age that we’re in right now, what tends to get the most attention is the mind. We pay more attention to our mind, which is less evolved. That monomyakosha is less evolved or in synch with (that’s all I really mean by evolved) in rhythm with, in synch with, in connection with intuition and spirit.” – Cate Stillman
- “Many of us need to move our bodies to access spirit.” – Cate Stillman
- “Check in with, what does my spirit want to experience today? And to allow your identity to evolve. This is the work that we do in the courses at YogaHealer.” – Cate Stillman