The Yoga of Prosperity with Ellen O’Brian
Cate sits down with Ellen Grace O’Brian, author of The Jewel of Abundance, to discuss artha – one of the four aims of human life. We all innately want to thrive and to prosper, but there’s often conflict about how to do that in a way that feels dharmic – in harmony with the spiritual truth of our being. To further complicate matters, we can get in our own way when it comes to artha. Sometimes the first step is simply to be willing to let our lives be bigger and more expansive. And then to practice being fearless.
Yogacharya O’Brian makes yogic philosophy accessible and inspiring for the modern mind, helping people from all backgrounds lead deeply fulfilling and spiritually awakened lives.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What questions you need to ask yourself if you truly want to thrive and prosper in alignment with your dharma.
- How to get out of your own way and be willing let bigger things work through you.
- Why meditation is key to artha.
- Ellen describes her own personal experience with artha and dharma.
- Cate and Ellen discuss the connection between meditation and artha.
- Cate and Ellen discuss the importance of authenticity and the role of technology and social media on a dharmic path.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Ellen’s website
- The Jewel of Abundance
- Be a coach
- Have a conversation
- Discover more about Body Thrive
- Body Thrive Book
- 9:55-20:00 Ellen describes her own personal experience with artha and dharma.
- 23:35-29:44 Cate and Ellen discuss the connection between meditation and artha.
- 31:42-39:10 Cate and Ellen discuss the importance of authenticity and the role of technology and social media on a dharmic path.
- “Knowing that truth of what we are as spiritual beings is the key to really thriving and prospering.” — Ellen Grace O’Brian
- “If you’re going to be in this field, you have to be willing to make yourself an instrument.” — Ellen Grace O’Brian
- “To me, that whole path of dharma is really one of that surrender to ‘Who do I need to become next?’” — Cate Stillman
Ellen Grace O’Brian (Yogacharya O’Brian) is an acclaimed teacher, author, and minister who has served seekers of spiritual enlightenment from all walks of life for over thirty years. She has published several books and audio programs about meditation, mindfulness and spiritual living, offering a refreshing and authentic voice that makes timeless wisdom accessible to the modern mind.
A teacher in the tradition of Kriya Yoga, Yogacharya O’Brian serves people from all faith backgrounds who are seeking what is known as Self- or God-realization, or awakening. She is the spiritual director of the Center for Spiritual Enlightenment, a meditation center in San Jose, CA.
Through her teaching and publications, Yogacharya O’Brian helps people learn to live from the inside out with practices and insights for developing life-transforming skills to cultivate a spiritually awakened, fulfilled life. Connect with Ellen on her website and facebook page.