The Abundance of Generosity: Tips for Overweight Kaphas
Hello, it’s Cate Stillman with yogahealthcoaching.com and yogahealer.com, and I’ve been asked to finish the series on overweight-ness in Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. So you may have heard the episode on overweight Vatas, or the episode on overweight Pittas, and not the episode on overweight Kaphas, because I hadn’t created it until right this moment.
Often, when someone is overweight, they assume they are Kapha. As an Ayurvedic practitioner, we think, “Hmmm, maybe. But maybe not.” And yet sometimes, the person that we’re talking to is indeed an overweight Kapha, that their prakruthi, their constitution, is Kapha, and that the nature of their imbalance, or vikruthi, is also Kapha. And that’s unusual. It’s unusual enough that I created the overweight Vata and the overweight Pitta episodes: That’s where you have an overweight Vata person – their prakruthi is Vata – and their imbalance also might be Vata-provoking Kapha. Or it might be an overweight Pitta, and the imbalance might be a Vata or a Pitta imbalance-provoking Kapha, or a Kapha imbalance.
But the thing is, Kapha imbalances are pretty unusual in this day and age. Tune in to find out why, and to find out whether or not your extra pounds are really the cause of Kapha.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to tell if your extra weight is really a kapha imbalance
- When and how much kaphas should eat in a day
- Where to leverage kapha strengths to your advantage
- Overweight Vata Podcast
- Overweight Pitta Podcast
- How to be a Kapha Tipsheet from Cate
- Thrive for each constitition
- Take a constitution test
- 1:15 – Kapha imbalance is actually rare in this day and age! While this may seem strange because we have such a sedentary and heavy-diet culture, the vibration and pace of life is really quite hectic.
- 5:40 – Kaphas are strong, stable, faithful, trustworthy, and dependable. They naturally accumulate people, friends, money, and bodily tissue. In order to befriend your kapha constitution, you have to get in touch with this accumulation tendency.
- 11:00 – As a kapha, you can afford give away. As you realize how much you can give away physically, you become lighter, brighter, more inspired, and more mobile, and you realize how much service you can be to humanity.
- 12:30 – Kaphas really only need to eat 1-2 meals a day, which may sound terrible! But if you look at it from an energetic standpoint, you’ll realize that you’ll save so much time that you otherwise would have spent buying, preparing, and eating food.
- 17:00 – A Kapha’s deepest bliss is nurturing the people, the causes, and the projects they care most about. Learn to leverage those gifts through service and connection, rather than carrying that generosity in your physiology.
- “For a Kapha to befriend their constitution, it often means getting really in touch with their accumulation tendency.” – Cate Stillman
- “We’re meant to be relaxed, and attuned, and sophisticated in understanding the nature of who we are, in understanding our strengths and our weaknesses.” – Cate Stillman
- “You can stay strong and stable, and give away. As you do that, you become lighter and brighter, more inspired, and more mobile.” – Cate Stillman
- “Awaken this power of your own natural abundance.” – Cate Stillman
- “In giving away, you feel more and more fulfilled.” – Cate Stillman