Transforming Chaos to Order
Do you want more order in life? Join us on the podcast to transform chaos into order and experience higher happiness and harmony.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How the habits and a ritualized life reinforce order and dinacharya.
- The law of the increase.
- Why specificity is important in transforming chaos to order.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate reflects that when she first learned the habits, so couldn’t easily do them.
- Cate reads from Jordan Peterson’s book 12 Rules For Life.
- Cate asks listeners to investigate why you want more order this week, and to be specific!
- 4:59 Dinacharya is a prerequisite to experience dharma and moksha.
- 10:42 Cate reads from The 12 Rules of Life.
- 19:41 Specificity as key to reaching your goal.
- 20:48 Turning chaos to order through meditation and sitting in silence.
- “Like increases like and the opposites reduce each other. So confusion increases confusion, chaos increases chaos.” – Cate Stillman
- “We’re not aligning these habits to say that we can do it, or for somebody else’s approval, or to be a good girl, or good yogi or good yoga teacher. You’re doing it because there’s just a respect to the order of life. And you want more from life. That’s why you do it. You want to live a bigger life.” – Cate Stillman
- “Having a commitment to these habits as non-negotiables for the rest of your life – and I’m not saying 100% all the time, at all. Aim for a solid B minus but get consistently better at that. Kaizen that B minus over time – is that you should experience more and more predictables. More and more order that lead to better and better things in your life.” – Cate Stillman
- If you try to have a goal like, I want to feel better, it’s not specific enough. So you can’t take very specific actions to get there. You can’t test and see.” – Cate Stillman