What is Pitta Dosha
Are you achievement oriented? Do you have a powerful intellect but sometimes lose your cool? You might have a predominance of Pitta Dosha. Find out how to shine without burning out on the podcast!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What is Pitta dosha.
- What it is like to have a Pitta constitution.
- What happens when Pitta goes out of balance.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate explains how Pitta shows up in her personal life.
- Cate describes the extreme side of a Pitta imbalance in the mind.
- Cate details the mini rejuvenation breaks she takes during the work day.
- 4:22 The function of Pitta in the body and mind.
- 7:19 That qualities of Pitta and how it feels in the body and mind.
- 10:03 The nature of Pitta imbalances in the mind.
- 12:58 Physical qualities of Pitta.
- 19:32 How to calm and balance Pitta.
- 20:11 Practices to help the Pitta mind unwind.
- 22:38 Foods that aggravate and calm Pitta.
- “It’s discriminating in nature. It’s separating the wheat from the chaff. It’s separating the truth from the BS. That’s the natural power of Pitta in the mind.” – Cate Stillman
- “In the paradox is the healing. One of the paradoxes of Pitta in the mind is to have compassion, to actually soften and try to see with empathy all sides of the situation. For a lot of Pitta types this can be the hardest work.” – Cate Stillman
- “So in terms of digestion, this is one of the easiest ways to identify if you have more Pitta. You’ll tend to have a stronger appetite, you’ll tend to be able to eat more frequently than other people. The whole ‘hangry’ word for people who get angry when they’re hungry, that’s more a Pitta type.” – Cate Stillman
- “Because they’re such hyper-metabilzers if they eat a high carb diet they’re body is going to burn through everything really quickly. Having a substantial meal in the middle of the day that’s higher in protein and higher in fat can really help a Pitta person.” – Cate Stillman
- “Pitta’s have to learn how to turn off. Because their mind is so strong they have a desire to go and go and go. Developing a strong discipline to not working after the sun goes down can be a phenomenal lifestyle change for Pitta; to actually unplug. The time between 6:00pm and 10:00pm, that’s the time of Kapha. That’s the time of earthy watery energy. It’s the time of connecting and being with our people and relaxing, enjoying, reflecting on the day. A Pitta type with a Pitta imbalance will tend to burn the candle at both ends and keep working after dinner, checking email, multitasking, getting everything done before going to bed, and that leads to a Pitta imbalance. They’re violating the rhythm of rejuvenation.” – Cate Stillman