Identity Exercises: Vision Questing and Your Five Words
We all have things we want to break free of, things that aren’t working for us: habits, addictions, relationships, lifestyle . . . . In this podcast episode, I walk you through a vision quest to help you get real about where you are now, what you wish were different, where you get stuck, and where you want to be.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why you need to get real about your current status quo and what’s not working for you.
- How to identify where you get stuck when trying to break free of outdated habits.
- What questions you need to ask yourself in order to get clear about your deeper dreams and formulate your own personal mission statement.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate walks us through a personal vision quest using five-words exercises.
- We learn how to use the 20 gunas from Ayurveda to help us navigate our vision quest.
- 0:45-4:23 – Depict your status quo: What do you want to break free of? What isn’t working?
- 4:24-6:01 – What do you wish were different?
- 6:02-8:38 – Where do you get stuck? What keeps you from breaking free of your status quo?
- 8:39-10:40 – What is the picture of your status quo?
- 13:12-16:47 – How do you want to feel next?
- 16:48-18:32 – How do you want to look next? How do you want others to see you?
- 18:33-20:18 – What do you want to do next?
- 20:19-21:10 – Formulating your mission statement.