Intermittent fasting is becoming increasingly popular, but for all the yogis and yoginis out there intermittent fasting is not a new trend. In Ayurveda, we call it space eating and it is one of the pillars for a healthy life. Recently science caught up with the 4 millennia wisdom behind space-eating, and several studies have supported the health benefits of this practice.
For the past month, Cate has been joined by several members on the Yogahealer Challenge, a fast track program, specially designed to help people overcome mediocrity to become an exceptional person and lead an exceptional life. How? By reviving the habits that make us smarter and more vital humans, such as Intermittent Fasting.
Listen to the podcast to learn more about the Yogahealer Challenge, the benefits of intermittent fasting, and what foods you should be eating when breaking your fast.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why does intermittent fasting work?
- Is intermittent fasting healthy?
- What do I eat during intermittent fasting?
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Immune System or Nervous System?
- Your Immune System + Ayurveda
- More about the Challenge
- Get the Intermittent Fasting guide
- Find some free resources
- The importance of challenging yourself
- Awakening your parasympathetic nervous system
- Regenerating your body and delaying the aging process
1:03 Intermittent Fasting and the Parasympathetic Nervous System
6:46 :44 Regeneration vs. Degeneration
11:18 Possible Effects of Intermittent Fasting
25:20 Habits for Peak Performance