Steps to Achieve Your Life Goals in 2021 with Jennifer Allen
Setting goals for 2021 has not been an easy feat for Jen. She struggles with always wanting to do more and can only think of one thing she wants to achieve – Freedom. She wants to have the freedom to travel more. But can freedom in itself be a goal?
During a Coaching Gym session, Cate breaks down Jen’s desire for more freedom and explains the importance of differentiating feelings from goals, setting metrics for your goals and choosing meaning over comfort.
Listen to the Yogahealer Podcast to learn more about the Steps to Achieve Your Life Goals in 2021!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to set the right goals
- What load do you want to carry?
- How much work is too much work?
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- More about the Change your Life Course
- How to Decide What to Create
- Jordan Peterson’s work
- Dharma & Achieving Goals
- Get some free resources
- Discriminating between the BS and the goal
- Focusing on what you need to achieve what you truly want
- Meaning is more important than comfort
- 4:54 The importance of carrying a load
- 11:42 Building metrics into your goals
- 26:12 The difference between goals and feelings
Jennifer Allen teaches alignment-based yoga with an emphasis on finding ease in the body, coaches people on developing healthy habits and guides people into their unlimited potential through Ayurveda.
She discovered Ayurveda in 2013. Her Ayurvedic studies have been influenced by John Douillard, Sarah Hutchinson and Cate Stillman. Jennifer completed an 18-month Yoga Health Coaching certification program to deepen her knowledge of Ayurveda and habit evolution techniques in 2018.
She has been leading hikes at the Grand Canyon since 2013 and is an outdoor educator and Certified Interpretive Guide for the Grand Canyon Conservancy.