Brag About Your Wins to Uplevel Your Growth
By Cate Stillman
Bragging has such a negative connotation in today’s society. From a young age, we are taught to be humble, and we are often also inadvertently taught to devalue our successes. But what if we owned our wins and leveraged them for growth? What if instead of complaining to others about what’s going wrong in our lives, we share what is going right? In this podcast, Cate explains how bragging can help you leverage what’s going right, and how it can spread thrive with your core peeps.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why you want to get better at bragging
- How to leverage what’s already working
- Why effective bragging spreads thrive to your core peeps
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote for Chaos by Jordan B Peterson
- Discover more about the Body Thrive
- Sign-up for the FREE live Living Ayurveda Masterclass series now!
- 0:45 – In western culture, we often think the mind directs the body. And in this, the mind judges the body. The habits help dissolve this dualistic mentality, and we start to actually befriend ourselves, let go of judgment, and become happier in our daily lives.
- 15:40 – Get good at sharing your brags. Even when you don’t think you have anything to brag about, you can always find something.
- 18:05 – Avoid conversations where you complain about how bad things are. Instead, share your brags with anyone who will listen! When you brag about the positive, you might inspire someone else to do something good for themselves too.
- 21:40 – Our culture often teaches us to devalue our success. This devaluation can become ingrained in speech patterns and how we think about ourselves. By owning our success, we become empowered to grow more and help others do the same.
- 25:10 – Notice what happens when you brag about how you’re taking care of yourself. It might initiate a positive feedback loop, making you more likely to do it in the future. Also notice without expectation where your conversations go when you do talk about your wins.
- “Start with what’s working… the more you can see what’s working, the more you can leverage it.” – Cate Stillman
- We often come in from a dualistic paradigm where we’re seeing what’s not working.” – Cate Stillman
- “Retrain your awareness.” – Cate Stillman
- “What we want to do is learn how to collectively raise each other up.” – Cate Stillman
- “Brag about your small wins every day.” – Cate Stillman
No comments yet, be the first to comment