How Fear Disqualifies Us from Stepping into Potential: with Yoga Health Coach Grace Edison
This is another amazing show with my good friend, colleague, and mentee Grace Edison. Grace helps and guides people out of their own way. This conversation explores how we disqualify ourselves based on our fears, and how there are lots of subtle limiting beliefs that can hold us back while convincing us that they’re true and real. In this episode, we talk about how to dig a few layers deeper. In doing so, we gain new perspectives on how we’re disqualifying ourselves from stepping onto our dharmic paths.
Tune in and find out how and where you’re disqualifying yourself.
I rap with Grace Edison about Making the Hard Choice to Step Beyond Fear:
- Common ways we disqualify ourselves from big opportunities
- Determining when a big choice is good for you
- Investing in yourself with bravery and courage
- Figuring out your “why”
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to stop hitting your head against a proverbial brick wall and get out of your own way
- How to make decisions based on your future self that aren’t rooted in fear
- Ways to transform from a hot mess into an organized, thriving entrepreneur
- How to say “yes” to the things that scare you the most, face fears to do what you desire, and learn about your desires from your fears
- Grace Edison's website
- Grace on Facebook
- Terrace Yoga Studio
- Terrace Yoga Studio on Facebook
- Talk to Grace
- Body Thrive
- Yoga Health Coaching
- Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days
- Get Out of Your Box & into Your Journey with Allie Van Fossen
- Lucky Breaks + Hard Work to become a NYT Best Seller with Ayurvedic Author Katie Silcox
- The Feminine Side of Ambition with Grace Edison
- Make More Money in Your Wellness Career
- 4:50 — Grace recounts how she became involved in Yoga Health Coaching through Body Thrive and discusses her journey along the way as a Yoga teacher who loves helping people.
- 13:05 — We need to change our patterns to achieve our desires — otherwise we’re stuck in a loop of discomfort and feeling sick and tired (a samskara).
- 16:35 — If we’re not growing exponentially, we’re out of the loop and don’t see how to get clear on our “whys.” We’ve disqualified ourselves from the growth curve because of limiting beliefs. And when we have wellness careers and we disqualify ourselves, we’re also disqualifying all the people we have the potential to impact.
- 24:40 — We need to learn how to leverage regret and make sure we don’t repeat our mistakes again in order to break cycles and experience growth.
- 29:00 — Where do you want to be in a year? Is your next choice getting you there? We are verbs, not nouns, and we need to make choices based on our future selves, not who we are presently.
- 32:50 — Readiness isn’t the feeling of certainty, but rather feeling right about something and simultaneously scared to fail at attempts to pursue it.
- 38:00 — We need to step into dharma to look at the ways we’re qualified to do what we most deeply desire. What are our advantages? Who makes up our support systems? Who believes in us?
- “How bad do you want it? Because the only one who's going to get in your way is you.” – Cate Stillman
- “What do your fears have to tell you?” – Grace Edison
- “If you have the call, you gotta live the call.” – Cate Stillman
- “The world needs you to get out of your own damn way so we can all do this together.” – Grace Edison
- “You can't expect it not to be hard, so stop. And stop thinking it was easier for someone else.” – Cate Stillman
- “There is no ‘good time.' The time is now.” – Grace Edison
- “Readiness…is not feeling certainty and knowing exactly how it's going to go — usually it's hair-straight-back terrifying, but damn it's exciting.” – Grace Edison
- “We know deep down that it's right and that it's scary.” – Cate Stillman
Grace Edison lives in British Columbia, Canada. She’s a mom of twin 8-year-olds, a Yoga teacher, a studio owner, and a Yoga Health Coach — and she also works for Cate Stillman in Admissions at Yogahealer! More than anything, she loves to make people laugh and has a not-so-secret dream of doing stand-up comedy.
Grace has a strong passion for empowering others to take their health and wellness into their own hands. She loves building authentic relationships, making people laugh, and creating supportive communities. After a longstanding relationship with severe depression, Grace has found deep relief through the habits of Ayurveda — and much credit is due to Cate and her Body Thrive program. After taking Body Thrive several times and jumping into Yoga Health Coaching, Grace came aboard the Yogahealer team. If you’re interested in applying for or discovering if you’re a good fit for the course, please contact her at [email protected] to book a strategy session!