Sexy Ayurvedic Wisdom For The Modern Woman with Katie Silcox
In this short and sweet episode of the Yogahealer Podcast, I sit down with Katie Silcox of The Shakti School. We discuss Yoga, Ayurveda, tantra, and the cycle of depletion that is all too prevalent in society today. Tune in, and you’re sure to be inspired by Katie’s story.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What is tantra?
- How is Ayurveda moving into modern reality?
- Ayurvedically, how does flight/flight/freeze response interact with the 5 senses?
- How to re-wild the body from a Tantric view?
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Katie explains tantra and its role in modern society
- Katie and Cate examine integrating the feminine path of yoga and Ayurveda in with today’s masculine forward society.
- Cate and Katie discuss the depletion cycle and its influence on modern society
- 0:45-3:14 – Katie talks about her background in yoga and Ayurveda.
- 3:15-4:58 – What tantra is . . . and isn’t.
- 4:58-12:48 – The role of yoga, tantra, and Ayurveda in modern society.
- 13:22-17:17 – Finding the more feminine path of Ayurveda and integrating it with the masculine.
- 17:17-23:07 – The cycle of depletion.
- “I think I came to yoga kind of unknowingly wanting to become enlightened. And now I no longer believe in that and I just believe in being . . . enheartened. . . . just being more on this planet and more in love with this life with all of its terrible things and beautiful things.” —- Katie Silcox
- “The more tantric you become, . . . the less you really do have any kind of dogma.” —- Katie Silcox
- “You’re certainly a tantric, your listeners are tantric, your guests are all tantric because we’re all looking for methodologies, techniques, modalities that enable us to expand . . . into the depths of who we actually are.” —- Katie Silcox
Katie Silcox, M.A. is the New York Times Best-Selling Author of the book Healthy, Happy, Sexy – Ayurveda Wisdom for Modern Women. Holding a Master’s Degree in Hinduism and the Ayurveda Sciences, Katie is an internationally-recognized teacher, mentor to women and inspirer of hearts and minds. She is renowned for her depth of study, her ability to present the complexities of ancient wisdom in a practical, life-affirming manner, as well as her unique capacity to distill the teachings with southern-belle humor and grace.
Her signature teaching style is known as Body Yantra™, incorporating Tantric vinyasa, restorative yoga, dance, sound, breath, emotion processing, manifestation technology, holistic biomechanics, and structural trauma-release methods.
Katie was named one of San Francisco’s Best Yoga Teachers by Common Ground Magazine in 2009, one of “70 Yogis Changing the World” by Origin Magazine in 2014, and one of “100 Trailblazers in Yoga and Ayurveda” by Spirituality and Health Magazine in 2015. Katie has written extensively on the topics of yoga, Ayurveda, sexuality, herbalism and women’s health in such publications as Yoga Journal, Common Ground Magazine and Origin Magazine. Her best-selling book has been translated into multiple languages around the globe.
Katie has sipped from the honey of many globally-known teachers, including a decade-long guru-disciple relationship in the Himalayan lineage-based Sri-Vidya Tantra.
Today, she works solely with the inner guru of her own heart. Connect with Katie on her website and facebook.