Can you lose weight with Ayurveda?
Are you carrying excess weight? Ayurveda can help! Listen in for weight loss tips for Vata, Pitta and Kapha constitutions.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How you can lose weight with Ayurveda
- How to poop
- Weight loss tips for Vata, Pitta and Kapha dosha
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Have a conversation
- Check out our Ayurveda Tip Sheets
- “What Is Vata Dosha” Podcast Episode
- “What Is Pitta Dosha” Podcast Episode
- “What Is Kapha Dosha” Podcast Episode
- Cate shares tips for moving waste out.
- Cate describes the work of her friend, Brant, who helps people with gross obesity.
- Cate’s shares her morning winter walk routine.
- 8:54 Tips for complete elimination
- 10:30 Weight loss tips for Vata
- 17:07 Weight loss tips for Pitta
- 21:40 Weight loss tips for Kapha
- “It’s not just what you eat, it’s when you eat.” – Cate Stillman
- “If we’re not moving waste out, waste and weight can become synonymous. So non-functional tissue taking up mass in the body that has weight to it can be undigested or poorly digested food that then becomes a waste product as opposed to a functional tissue in the body. Even if we look at fat tissue, what’s the functional amount of fat tissue in the body, according to the textbook of Ayurveda, written by Dr. Visant Lad, it’s two handfuls! Two anjali.” – Cate Stillman
- “When the nerves are relaxed the bowels start to be able to let go, so instead of being constipated or contracted what happens is the body is more able to release waste.” – Cate Stillman
- “Life is rhythmic, there is a rhythm to things. There’s a rhythm to digestion, there’s a rhythm to absorption, there’s a rhythm to feeding, there’s a rhythm to fasting. And this starts to build a deep sense of trust in the person with their body. They start to be able to actually trust and on a very deep level love, on a cellular level feel that the essence of consciousness is loved, and love their body again.” – Cate Stillman
- “For the Vata person it means a few times a day they’re going to lay down and put their hands on their belly and relax. That will actually accelerate (weight loss). It means for the Kapha person even skipping a meal at night now and then, just having tea or having broth at night, that’s going to take the weight off a lot faster. For the Pitta person to wind down and let themself adjust to efficiencies the more they do that the faster the excess will come off and the more they’ll naturally find their best weight.” – Cate Stillman